As a result of the generous donations of food and money from the London community, the 2014 Annual Ramadan Food Drive was a great success. Together this year, we were able to fill 50 hampers of food items and distribute it to help over 110 people in the London community. These 50 hampers represented approximately $3,000 worth of food. The hard work from all our volunteers totaled almost 60 work hours to help feed local families. In addition to all the food donations, we were also able to raise $2,650 in financial donations. MRCSSI wants to personally express gratitude and appreciation to our many partners, including:
- All the donors! Without your generosity, the food drive could not have been such a great success.
- All the volunteers for your time in helping us move and sort all the food that included a full SUV and pickup truck worth of donations!
- The beautiful design work volunteered by Studio Noon.
- Community partners that offered space for donations and helped with promotions including:
Al-Mahdi Islamic Community Centre
Islamic Centre of Southwest Ontario
London Link Magazine
London Muslim Mosque
Muslim Association of Canada
Muslim Student’s Association, University of Western
Sarnia Muslim Association
Victoria Professional Centre
- And last but not least, all the hard work of the staff at Muslim Resource Centre for Social Support and Integration.
Thanks again to everyone and stay connected to MRCSSI for next year’s food drive!